Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Feeling Blessed

Lately there have been so many bad things happening to the ones I love. This has really made me sit back and reflect on how blessed I truly am. First off, my dear friend Marlene, who I call my angel, just found out her father has a brain tumor. This is shocking and even more sad since her father lives in Sweden. Also last week Connor's dog died. That may sound lame to some people, but he had that dog forever, and it had been part of the family. Andria's grandmother (who she lives with) fell and broke her hip a couple of weeks ago. She had surgery and came home last week to finish recovering. Another matter near and dear to my heart is my sister, who has had a reoccurence of Bell's Paulsy. Finally, today I heard from Tom, who literally has not been able to talk, since he went to a terrible dentist who completely fucked up his mouth, and now the entire side of his face is swollen and infected.

My rant today comes from the fact that I empathize with all of them, and it makes me sad when my friends are sad. I am a very loyal person, and I would give anything for those close to me.

As I said before, I feel very lucky that my biggest complaint is that I had to replace the headlight on my car. Sometimes I get in moods where nothing is good enough, and I always wish I had accomplished more, or that I had more to show for my life. It is in times like this, where I slow down and reflect on everything I have, and I remind myself to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment