Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jogging

Yesterday I resumed jogging my normal route that I have been neglecting since before Christmas. I have a gym membership, but I freaking hate the location by my house (24 Hour Fitness on Sunset/Vine). Every time I go there I can't stand the people. First of all, the staff is super rude, and if I see one more douche reading a script on the treadmill I will scream.

Anyway, my normal routine is to go to Hancock Park and jog there since it is relatively safe. Well yesterday's jog turned out to be quite an adventure. First let me explain, that this neighborhood is one of the nicest areas in LA, with huge sprawling mansions worth well in the millions. As I began stretching and warming up, I looked over and out of the gate of a particularly nice mansion pokes the head of the most disheveled looking rich man I have ever seen. He seriously looked like a homeless person. He stood there staring around with his head poking out of the gate for quite some time. I thought, hell no, he better not call somebody because my car is parked in front of his house! Then I thought, how the hell did he get this house?

After that bizarre scene, I started jogging, and not soon after, this small lady comes at me walking these huge Doberman Pinchers. I love dogs, especially big ones. As I come closer, she loses control of them and they start flailing around barking and going crazy. I literally had to fly out into the street to avoid being mauled by one of them.

Then about 10 minutes later, this old lady comes running at me and almost runs right over me. Needless to say she scared the shit out of me. I'm starting to think that Hancock Park has it's own dangers.

On another note, I went to Melanie's new apartment last night. It was so good to see her, as it has been a while. I am very happy for her, because I know she has wanted to get out on her own for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment